Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Right Brain

I have always been a right brain. If something ever breaks around the house, I can fix it like MacGyver :) Ha, a name you haven't heard lately :) As a hair stylist I have to use my creativity 4 out of 7 days a week. That comes so naturally to me....colors. What colors look best together, and what tone is going to look best on YOU. Then, as the designer of Laynie and Belle (that sounds so prestigious) the 2 combined help me so much! Going to a fabric store is beginning to be one of my favorite things to do. Something I look forward to, but something my kids dread :) I try to go if I have breaks while at work....and I will literally spend an entire 2 or 3 hours there, and sometimes I don't buy a thing. I like to get ideas, and then I usually scour Etsy and find suppliers through there. Which, by the way, I recently found the most awesome shop.....and her fabrics are being used in the new Vintage Flair collection! I can't wait to order more!

Speaking of the Vintage Flair collection. Right now, on my fanpage there is a description and naming contest going on! Being the right brainer that I am. I can't 'think' creatively enough to satisfy what I think the words should be to describe my pieces. Like that sentence right there...is probably totally said out of context with improper grammar and punctuation, but I don't care. I am the worst at spelling too. I am not trying to impress anyone with coming across as being perfect with my English. I type how I talk. Maybe a bad habit? At least you sort of understand what I am saying reading it once :) I, personally, enjoy reading more laid back blogs...with humor, because I feel intimidated if it's too perfect or too serious. So, if you are interested in helping me describe and name my pieces, so I can list them in my Etsy shop, then feel free!! I am giving away free L&B to the ones I think are perfectly put.











There is a little sample of what is up now, and there is more to come :) Thank you to everyone who has made some suggestions!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment